LOCAL AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
Live Music with WHCP
WHCP is planning big music events for the MidShore. You don’t want to miss these shows!
Consider dinner before the show at these fine Cambridge restaurants:
- Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar Cambridge: https://avaspizzeria.com/cambridge%2C-md
- Blue Ruin: https://www.blueruinbar.com/
- High Spot: https://avashg.com/high-spot/
- Vintage 414: https://www.vintage414.com/
Thank you to our sponsors!
Josh Christina Band
May 2023 “…an infectious blend of piano driven, high-octane boogie-woogie and pop ’n’ roll.” Think of a mix between Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, and Elton John and you’ve got Josh Christina. If you’re a fan of piano driven rock ‘n’ roll, Josh will restore your confidence in the ability of young musicians to carry on the great tradition of the rock pioneers. He writes his own music, refurbishes the classics, and plays a mean piano. He’s also known for creating legendary live performances with his band. Don’t miss your chance to see this rock ‘n’ roll revivalist in his element—performing for music lovers of all ages. Check-out Josh Christina here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVtfqCgBUo. Sign-up here to stay on top of WHCP live events and other announcements: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mommyheads. An Indie Rock Treasure.
June 9, 2022 - The Mommyheads have been a vital part of the indie rock scene over the past three decades. The New York quartet has released 13 albums of complex, addictively melodic pop tunes, including 1997’s self-titled album for Geffen Records (produced by the legendary Don Was). The band’s latest album, Age Of Isolation, reflects the cultural mood over the past couple years while finding some solace in the company of friends and the joys of live music. We can all relate to that.
Kentavius Jones & Friends Unplugged
A WHCP Radio Expansion Celebration!
R&B and soulful rock at the 447 Venue downtown Cambridge
August 2023 Kentavius Jones is part of a new generation of music artists with new energy and purpose on the Eastern Shore. A regional favorite, Kentavius grew up listening to Stevie Wonder, Miles Davis, Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix on his father’s turntable. A gifted vocalist and guitarist, Kentavius nods to those influences while fashioning a unique brand of soulful rock. KJ killed it last year as one of WHCP’s event series performers, so by popular demand he is back! And he is bringing some of his musician friends as well. Do not miss this opportunity to celebrate WHCP’s expansion this summer into the greater Mid-Shore!
See It Loud: The Globe Poster Story. Cambridge Film Premiere.
September 29, 2022 - For decades, Globe Poster created iconic concert posters for a who’s who of African-American music: from Muddy Waters and James Brown to Aretha Franklin and Tupac Shakur. The Baltimore-based letterpress company went out of business in 2010 but has thrived since partnering with a local art school. See It Loud documents Globe’s impressive legacy and inspiring resurrection and features interviews with fans such as filmmaker John Waters, acclaimed bluesman Bobby Rush, soul legend Solomon Burke, Flaming Lips singer Wayne Coyne, and others. This feature-length film illustrates how something old can become new again, with an infusion of new ideas and fresh energy.
Dave Chappell Band Featuring Tommy Lepson
September 2023 - Dinner and the blues at the Dorchester American Legion!
Dave Chappell is one of is one of the most sought after and respected musicians on the East Coast. He has performed with legends Jerry Lee Lewis, Sam Moore, Percy Sledge and Johnny Johnson. For this show he’s bringing Tommy Lepson, a nationally-recognized Hammond organist, singer and winner of eleven WAMMIE awards. His gritty and flexible R&B voice conjures images of James Brown one moment and Sam Cooke the next. He’s appeared with the Kinks, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, NRBQ and Chuck Berry and recorded with Nils Lofgren and many more. It’s a special dinner and a show Labor Day weekend in Cambridge MD.
April 2022 With his James Brown sense of soul and harmonica in hand, Memphis-based John Nemeth has grooved
his way to the top of the blues charts. The recipient of multiple Blues Music Awards (including “Best
Male Artist” in 2014), Nemeth draws heavily from blues and r&b influences while crushing stylistic
barriers by embracing elements of hip hop and rock and roll. The Blue Dreamers, his road band, add
infectious southern swamp grooves to the mix.
John Nemeth at the Art Bar 2.0. 420B Race Street. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Show starts at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are limited.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHCP Event Terms and Conditions
By purchasing your ticket, you and other ticket holders under your name agree to the following WHCP event terms and conditions.
- Tickets are Will Call only. Your name and number of tickets purchased will be checked at the front door.
- Purchasers of multiple tickets must either check-in with all of their guests or ensure the guests know what name the tickets are under. We will only have your name and number of tickets at Will Call.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. If the Event is canceled in whole, or in part, due to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below), You will not be entitled to a refund. Notwithstanding the foregoing, WHCP may issue, at WHCP’s sole and absolute discretion, a partial or full refund, by accounting for, among other considerations, the extent and nature of the cancellation. A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean an act of God, act of terrorism, earthquake, wildfire, flood, tsunami, strike or other labor condition or dispute, an order or injunction of any court or administrative body or any other act of public authority, severe weather threatening the safety of Event attendees or similar contingency or unexpected event, and any such occurrence beyond the reasonable control of WHCP. You understand that in all instances, the maximum remedy You may receive for any cancellation of any part of the Event, if any, will be the face value of the event canceled.
- For the safety of people at the Event, the venue management and WHCP reserve the right to refuse admission and conduct security searches as they deem appropriate.
- If the Event is rescheduled or moved, WHCP will give you the option of exchanging your tickets for the new date/location.
- If the Event is rescheduled, changed, moved or canceled, WHCP cannot be held responsible for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation and other related goods, services or compensation.
- By entering the Event, You assume any and all risk and/or danger, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, resulting from, or incidental to, the Event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to, the Event, including, but not limited to, any death, personal injury or loss, damage or liability whatsoever. You understand that Your use of Your Ticket is contingent upon Your voluntary assumption of the risk and danger that may result from, or be incidental to, Your presence at the Event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the Event, including, but not limited to, any actions or omissions of WHCP. For the avoidance of doubt, WHCP will not be responsible for the actions of any third party.
- WHCP may restrict the sale of tickets to a maximum number per person (allocation). We reserve the right to cancel tickets bought in excess of this allocation.
- Ticket purchasers will be automatically signed up to receive occasional WHCP communications that include the ability to unsubscribe.
- WHCP reserves the right to alter or vary the content or timing of any part of the Event in circumstances beyond its reasonable control without any obligation to make any refunds or exchange tickets.
- WHCP reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, showing signs of Covid-19 or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately.
- WHCP does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the Event.
- Visitors may be filmed, photographed or sound recorded for broadcast, publication or security purposes while at the Event by WHCP and/or our trusted sponsors and partners.
- It is a condition of your admission to the Event that no commercial (non-private) use may be made by you of the Event or any part of it. All video and sound recordings of the Event in its entirety are not permitted unless written permission is provided by WHCP.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring animals to the Event with the exception of guide, assistance and hearing dogs.
- In accordance with the law, visitors aged under 21 are not permitted to purchase/sample alcoholic drinks.